Article Submission Terms & Conditions
We are looking for: articles, recipes, tip sheets, book reviews, product reviews, and opinion pieces pertinent to Real Food, health, lifestyles and hobbyists.
Please include the following:
- Your Article. The preferred format for text submissions is plain text (.txt), but we will accept .rtf, Open Office (.odt) files, and Google Doc shares.
- Please cite all references using Chicago Style Guidelines.
- Photos should be in jpeg format with at least 150 resolution and at least 300x300 pixels. Please include a "Photo Courtesy Of" and whether or not permission to use it has been given.
- Also include a short author bio (1-3 sentences) and headshot at roughly 200x200 pixels.
- A statement giving us non-exclusive permission to publish the article. We will contact you before printing.
Submission does not guarantee publication. We reserve the right to edit for clarity, content and length. If your article is accepted, you may be asked to sign a non-exclusive copyright release. Article Submission
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC takes your privacy seriously and is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Because we do gather certain types of information from visitors to our sites, we have developed a privacy statement to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This statement discloses the types of information we gather and how it is used.
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC respects the privacy of individuals who visit our Web sites, send us e-mail or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
- Traditions Media and Publishing LLC maintains a strict "no-spam" policy. We will not use any emails provided except for requested correspondence.
- Traditions Media and Publishing LLC will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g., data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
- Traditions Media and Publishing LLC will not share any information you've provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you've requested.
Non-Personally Identifiable Data: Any time you visit a Traditions Media and Publishing LLC Web site, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Web site, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, Traditions Media and Publishing LLC gathers certain navigational information about where you go on our Web sites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Web sites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors.
Information Voluntarily Provided: Any information you provide to us (i.e., name, e-mail address, etc.) when you request information is securely maintained on our Web server and internal systems. This information may be used to provide you with information you've requested about our company.
How We Communicate With You
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC may send authorized communications to you on the basis of the information you provide to us through e-mail or regular mail. If you have contacted us via a social network, we will follow the privacy policies of those networks if we contact you through them.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC understands the importance of your privacy. We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of The Traditions Media and Publishing LLC and its subsidiaries. We do not sell, rent, or trade consumer information to third parties.
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
Compliance with Law/Safety
Traditions Media and Publishing LLC may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Web sites, the sites themselves, or the public.
Policies on Children
Children under the age of 13 are welcome to use The Traditions Media and Publishing LLC Web sites. However, we will ask that a registrant under the age of 13 obtain the approval of a parent or guardian before they become fully registered with one of our Web sites. If you feel your child has registered without your consent, please contact us and we will remove their information from our databases.
Notification of Changes