Cabbage And Corned Beef Chowder
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 2 hours, 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 6-9 Servings
I like to transform leftovers. I knew we would have lots of extra corned beef; so before it was even done cooking I was planning what to do with the extra. This dish is a surprising twist on a traditional chowder letting nothing go to waste. You can even use vegetables that have already been cooked if you have those left over as well, just add them into the pot when you add the cream.
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked corned beef
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup dehydrated sliced carrots or 1 1/2 cups fresh
- 1 cup diced cabbage
- 4 cups beef broth/stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- sea salt, to taste
- In a crockpot combine the beef, potatoes, onion, carrots and broth.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add the cream and cabbage and cook for 10 minutes more or until warmed through.
- Add sea salt to taste if necessary.
Printed in Real Food Health Magazine | March / April 2013
http://www.realfoodandhealth.com/ | All Rights Reserved ©