GAPS, Vegan, Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free
- Active: 15 minutes
- Inactive: Variable
- Yield: Variable
Save money making your own fruit leather at home. It’s so simple to make you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner. Just grab your favorite fresh fruits and puree in a blender. You can even sneak vegetables in by steaming them until tender and adding them to the puree. If you do choose to sweeten the puree remember that the flavor will be concentrated when dehydrated so a little bit goes a long way!
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups fruit and vegetable puree
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- optional: sweetener of choice to taste
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Pour onto lined dehydrator trays. I like to line them with parchment paper, then when it’s done I can cut the leather into strips and turn them into roll-ups.
- Dehydrate at 125-135 degrees F, until leathery. This will be several hours.
- Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Printed in Real Food Health Magazine | March / April 2016
http://www.realfoodandhealth.com/ | All Rights Reserved ©