Sugar Snap Pea And Mint Risotto
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Vidalia onion with greens, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups Arborio rice, risotto
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 -1 cup sugar snap peas, cut into thirds
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 - 2 Tbsp freshly chopped mint
- kosher salt to taste
- Put vegetable broth in a small pot and heat. You will want it to be warm when you add it to the rice for later. Put a lid on the pot to keep it warm.
- In a large pan, heat oil and butter on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, sauté till fragrant and the onions are softened, about 4 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and mix. Add the Arborio rice and stir to coat. Cook for about 30 seconds while stirring. Add the white wine and stir. Once the rice has absorbed the wine, add one cup of vegetable broth. Stir and allow the rice to soak up the broth. Continue adding one cup at a time and allowing the rice to soak it up. This will take about 25 minutes. When you have 1-2 cups left of broth, add the sugar snap peas.
- Taste throughout to see how much salt you need. The rice should be a little al dente. Remove from the heat and add freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and stir. Add the chopped mint. Taste and see if you need more salt. Serve straight from the stove. Garnish with more Parmesan and mint.
Printed in Real Food Health Magazine | March / April 2017
http://www.realfoodandhealth.com/ | All Rights Reserved ©