Beef And Butternut Squash Stew
GAPS, Paleo, Grain Free, Dairy Free
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Cook: 1 hour
- Yield: ~8 Servings
Looking for a balanced dinner on a cool day? Look no further. This stew will warm your insides and you’ll enjoy a flavorful dose of veggies.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 lb stew beef, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 lb butternut squash, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 cups beef broth
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute until they begin to brown, about five minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add the rosemary, thyme, and beef cubes. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the sherry to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits from the pan.
- Add the butternut squash, the diced tomatoes, and enough broth to cover everything.
- Bring the pot to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes covered. Check the squash with a fork to see if it is tender. Simmer until the squash is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Printed in Real Food Health Magazine | September / October 2016
http://www.realfoodandhealth.com/ | All Rights Reserved ©