Spiced Apple Ice Cream
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Inactive: 2+ hours
- Yield: 12 Servings
Celebrate the new year with a dish of spiced apple ice cream. Warm spices, cooked apples, cold cream. Perfection.
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional: nutmeg, cloves, or a cinnamon spice blend
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups cream (raw if possible or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (raw if possible or coconut milk)
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar, maple syrup and/or honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla or vodka
- 1 Tbsp tapioca flour OR arrowroot
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Saute apples in butter, spices, and honey over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until tender but not mushy. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Blend until well mixed.
- Process the ice cream in an ice cream mixer according to manufacturer's directions (it takes 15-20 minutes in my Kitchen Aid ice cream maker attachment).
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container.
- Stir in the apples.
- Freeze until firm.
You can add 1/4 cup chopped crispy pecans or sugar coated pecans when you stir in the apples.